Yes, the RDJ does stand for Robert Downey Jr. Now I know what you're thinking. Everybody and their cousin's hamster has a blog. In this day and age it's not exactly new and exciting. But this is a sort of special blog for my friend Cally and me. We're going to be using this blog to chronicle our progress in an attempt to write a script (or two) specifically designed to involve the gorgeous and talented Robert Downey Jr. Maybe he'll be in it, maybe he'll produce it, maybe he'll direct it, that doesn't matter to us. As long as he's a part of it in some way or another. Whether they get made into movies or not remains to be seen. The first, most important step is actually finishing the script and sending it off. All we can do is put our minds together, shake them up a bit and see if anything usable is concocted. Only time will tell.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 6

So we mainly did some editing today. There was some addition, though, so now we're at a little over 5900 words. That's awesome. It's going very well. We've been having some disagreements about the way things should be worded. We're working it out, though. Haven't had any big fights. I think that's good.

So it's also been decided that we want Jon Favreau to direct the movie. He's done beautifully with all of the movies I've seen that he's directed and he and Robert work so well together. And then there was the decision to maybe see if we could get a celebrity to retweet a link to this wonderful blog. I was thinking about all of the people on twitter that have worked with the amazing Robert Downey Jr and I could only come up with Ben Stiller and Jon Favreau.

I'm a little afraid though. There's a part of me that is worst case scenarioing everything and makes me think Robert will want to shut us down. But I guess he'd be flattered that we're writing a script specifically for him. I really wish I knew which one it was going to be. Only time will tell.