Yes, the RDJ does stand for Robert Downey Jr. Now I know what you're thinking. Everybody and their cousin's hamster has a blog. In this day and age it's not exactly new and exciting. But this is a sort of special blog for my friend Cally and me. We're going to be using this blog to chronicle our progress in an attempt to write a script (or two) specifically designed to involve the gorgeous and talented Robert Downey Jr. Maybe he'll be in it, maybe he'll produce it, maybe he'll direct it, that doesn't matter to us. As long as he's a part of it in some way or another. Whether they get made into movies or not remains to be seen. The first, most important step is actually finishing the script and sending it off. All we can do is put our minds together, shake them up a bit and see if anything usable is concocted. Only time will tell.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 1

I'll be honest and say that Cally is doing most of the hard work. I'm the idea person apparently and she's doing the actually writing. Today while I was at work she got started with the ideas I gave her before I left for work.

She's started to help me on a script/novel that I actually started back in 2006. I started writing the script for Gale Harold, in all honesty, but my love for the man dwindled to nothingness after I got a chance to meet him. Let's just say sometimes it's better for the fantasies to stay fantasies.

I know that's a little bit of a contradiction since I'm kind of doing this in the hopes of one day getting to meet the wonderfulness that is Robert Downey Jr, but he just seems to be a lot more real than some of the other people I've seen and met. Meeting him could totally burst my bubble but that is a chance I am very willing to take.

All I'm going to say right now is that the title of the project is Side Effect. No details given out at this time. We're actually going to be working on two scripts. One is going to be an awesome psycho thriller and the other is going to be a heart warming drama. One I know will be at least mostly original and the other will probably end up being cliche and sappy, but there's not really a whole lot of originality that can be produced when heart warming drama is what you're going for. We'll have to see what we can come up with there.

So, as of Day 1 we have 3 pages of script down for the psycho thriller that we're working on. I haven't read them yet because she lives in a time zone that is 6 hours ahead of me and therefore had to go to bed before I got home from work, but I will definitely read them tomorrow.

I think the motto of this blog is going to be GOD BLESS THE INTERNET! Without it, Cally and I may never have met, let alone tried to collaborate on a script or two. :-)

No comments: