Yes, the RDJ does stand for Robert Downey Jr. Now I know what you're thinking. Everybody and their cousin's hamster has a blog. In this day and age it's not exactly new and exciting. But this is a sort of special blog for my friend Cally and me. We're going to be using this blog to chronicle our progress in an attempt to write a script (or two) specifically designed to involve the gorgeous and talented Robert Downey Jr. Maybe he'll be in it, maybe he'll produce it, maybe he'll direct it, that doesn't matter to us. As long as he's a part of it in some way or another. Whether they get made into movies or not remains to be seen. The first, most important step is actually finishing the script and sending it off. All we can do is put our minds together, shake them up a bit and see if anything usable is concocted. Only time will tell.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 5

Since it's 215 in the morning here in my time zone I have to call this Day 5 but it's just the beginning. As you can see I didn't post the last couple of days. I meant to post yesterday but I've been getting myself addicted to ancestry.com and finding my relatives and things so I've been slightly side tracked.

We really didn't do any writing the last couple of days because we were tweaking what we already had. Fine tuning and editing and things like that. Making it flow a little better. BUT in the process of all this we did come up with a very pivotal scene that is going to either make or break the movie.

We also agreed that if the movie gets made and if the amazing Robert Downey Jr agrees to do it then we will most definitely let him ad lib and have some creative say in the lines and things like that. I mean, he did that with Iron Man and look how it turned out. So of course we're going to let his genius run free on our script. The whole point is to get awards with this movie for us as well as him.

I am saying right now that I refuse to let he movie be released in theaters before August 1st. Any movie that is going to have any chance during awards time needs to be released later in the year. Look at The Soloist. Both Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr deserved awards for that movie and it didn't even get nominated because everybody forgot about it. So this movie will not be released before August 1st. If I can get away with putting that in any kind of contract we might get should the script get sold. Actually I guess I should say that it will not be released between February 1st and August 1st. Because, if you think about it, March 15th of this year is after August 1st of last year. And you know that studios would look for that kind of loophole. Or maybe between August 1st and December 31st. That would be best. The point is it needs to be out in time for Oscar consideration but not released so early that it gets forgotten before the nominations come around.

And I really think I'm getting way ahead of myself right now. lol. But it's now 223am and I told myself I was going to be in bed a long time ago. So good night for now. I will post again when we have more script written.