Yes, the RDJ does stand for Robert Downey Jr. Now I know what you're thinking. Everybody and their cousin's hamster has a blog. In this day and age it's not exactly new and exciting. But this is a sort of special blog for my friend Cally and me. We're going to be using this blog to chronicle our progress in an attempt to write a script (or two) specifically designed to involve the gorgeous and talented Robert Downey Jr. Maybe he'll be in it, maybe he'll produce it, maybe he'll direct it, that doesn't matter to us. As long as he's a part of it in some way or another. Whether they get made into movies or not remains to be seen. The first, most important step is actually finishing the script and sending it off. All we can do is put our minds together, shake them up a bit and see if anything usable is concocted. Only time will tell.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 5 wrap up.

Yes I know it's technically Day 6 since it's after midnight here in my time zone but it is a wrap up of day five so that's what I'm calling it. Especially since this server appears to be two hours behind me so it'll look like it posted after 10pm yesterday instead of after midnight today. Gotta love those Internet technicalities. ANYWAY.

In doing this project we learned that there's a big difference between Windows Vista MS Word and Windows 7 MS Works Word Processor. This meaning that the number of pages I have and the number of pages she has are completely different even though we're at the same number of words. That being said, Cally and I have decided to set a word count goal rather than a pages per day goal. So now we're going for 5000 words per week. We were going to do 800 a day but then realized that with some days having more and some days having less, 5000 a week is just a better goal in general.

We got a lot of work done today. Cally did some writing and I edited and and fine tuned what she wrote. The awesome thing is though that I did some writing also. I ended up writing about seven pages I think? Anyway. We were at a little over 4300 words when she sent the new pages to me and now we're at a little over 5400. So we're already 431 words ahead of our weekly goal and there are still two days in this week.

The pivotal scene is pretty much done. There's some anger and some crying and some heart wrenching. It's definitely going to be a tear jerker, especially if Robert gets his hands on this script. That is an OMG moment just thinking about the amazing Robert Downey Jr playing out some of these scenes. I don't know if I'll be able to handle just thinking about it let alone what I'll do if I actually get to see it.

But that's done for now. We still have a lot of work to do and there's still a bunch of scenes that need to be taken care of. This is only about the first half hour of the movie, sadly. By the time we're done though there may be stuff that needs to be cut for time sake. lol. And again I say, we'll just have to wait and see.